Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Pure Love Whose Spirit Makes Us One (Hymn #295)

Monday, 22 May 2017

Dear family and friends,

The closer I get to the end of my mission, the more I am filled with love for it. This has been such an amazing time for me. I love the people, I love Georgia, I love my mission, but most importantly, I love my Savior. He is my Friend! My Redeemer. He is everything to me.

I am so thankful for this time I've had to serve and represent Him, and for the time I still have! :)

This past week we got to go to the temple. It was recently announced that the general authorities have made it possible for all missionaries to attend the temple on their missions if they have one that is close enough for them to attend. It was such an exciting announcement for me to hear, because I love the temple, and I have needed it throughout my mission. Just when I need the spiritual uplifting, we have a temple trip. I am always filled with awe and love for my Savior as I attend the temple. I am so thankful for the ability that all missionaries around the world will have to go to the temple and participate in the sacred promises with God! :)

Y'all. Go to the temple. Even if it is to just walk on the grounds. It is a sacred and special place. A place where you can receive direct answers to your prayers! I have a firm testimony of that. Every time I attend the temple, I receive answers to my prayers, and God gives me comfort in knowing that I am doing the right thing!

We felt inspired to go see Jerrie, a headquarter referral, recently. So we followed the prompting and drove out to see her. And she was home!! It had been hard for us to contact her, but we were finally able to talk to her and have a lesson with her and Angel, her husband. It was such a tender mercy to be able to see them again and know that they are still interested in learning more. Jerrie knows how much she needs the gospel. She told us that herself. The hardest thing now is working with their schedules, since they are just barely getting back on their feet so they're both working full-time. I know that things will work out in the Lord's timing! :)

We had the amazing opportunity to serve at Bridging the Gap again (a humanitarian service/soup kitchen). While we were there, they were doing a gospel service with all those who came to the soup kitchen. (Side note: I LOVE the South! Being in the buckle of the Bible Belt, everyone somehow ties Jesus into everyday life!)
Anyway, to begin the gospel service, a man started singing "Amazing Grace" and a few other gospel songs. As the songs continued, the people started joining in, and eventually we had a whole crowd of individuals (all races, genders, and religions) united together to praise the Lord. It was a touching event to witness. I was humbled and filled with love for all of these individuals as I sang along to the beautiful songs! :)

My invitation to y'all is to fill your life with good music. Pay more attention to the music you are listening to. If it doesn't contain uplifting, good lyrics, turn it off or change the station. Listen to music that will invite the Spirit into your life more fully. Avoid listening to music that will invite negativity into your life. 
I testify that as you do so, you will be more sensitive to the Holy Spirit's promptings. You will find yourself drawing closer to God, and you will be happier! :)

Keep smiling. Have a blessed week. And stay prayed up! :)









Miss Patsy! :) She was a sweet lady who invited us into her home. I just had to get a picture with her because she was so cute and happy! :)



MISS DEE! :D (One of our amazing investigators :))


Totally hippies ;)





Newnan Square :)






Goose friends! ;)


This one's for Moo! ;)



Isabella! :D



Temple trip! :)






Ward talent show! It was epic! So awesome! One of them played the didgeridoo and it was AWESOME! (Y'all, look up the didgeridoo when you can. It sounds so cool!)






Bishop Baker and his son performing at the ward talent show!

And fun times! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment