Wednesday, June 21, 2017

"First Responder"

Monday, 1 May 2017

Dear family and friends,

Well, it's been a while since I've done a copy and paste letter! So, here is a lovely one for y'all since I'm basically out of time to email (and I'm being lazy haha). But it really was an amazing week! :)

I am SO excited for how much the work keeps progressing! We went to church yesterday and the members were approaching us and asking if they could go on teamups with us, and we had others who were telling us about their nonmember friends! This work is amazing and means a lot to me and I am so thankful that the members see that in us! We have been doing our best to be obedient and work hard, and because of that, the members are seeing the results and we are gaining their trust! This week is going to be amazing--I was looking through my planner this morning, and I realized that our week is basically full ​with appointments with nonmembers and service opportunities. This work is inspired and when we show God that we are willing to give our all, He provides a way for it to happen! :)

Yesterday I was praying and asking God what He wanted me to do. I told Him that I was ready to do His will, and that I wanted to be a "first responder"​ (to act immediately upon the promptings from the Spirit)​. I know that doing His will is so important because it helps me to focus on others instead of being selfish. It also helps the work to progress way more, and it helps me to become who Father wants me to be! :)

We went on exchanges with the ​STLs​ on Friday, and I learned so much from them! Being away from Sister Plehn opened my eyes to how much I love her and also to how important my influence is. After spending the day with Sister Curtis (which was amazing :)), I noticed characteristics and behaviors in Sister Plehn that were very similar to mine. I didn't realize how much of an influence I have on her! The calling of a trainer is challenging, but I love it. I am so thankful for this time to help Sister Plehn! :)

Rays of Sunshine!

-We are now teaching some pretty amazing people! The work is finally picking up. Hard work always pays off! :)

-On exchanges, Sister Curtis and I were visiting a sister in an assisted living center, and we got to talk to her ​sweet neighbor, Miss Belle! When she told me her name, I got excited because one of my favorite Disney princesses is Belle (from Beauty and the Beast). So I told her that and I told her I was going to call her "Princess Belle"! It was so sweet to see her face light up as we visited with her and helped her to feel happy again. (Assisted living centers can be very lonely sometimes.) And now I have a new best friend! ;)

-A while ago, we met a woman at the store who was having a really hard time. We were able to get her contact info and then we kept in touch. But we were never able to go by because the GPS wasn't showing her address and she was always saying she was busy when we asked to come over. But we felt inspired to go see her this past week, and so we did. After some guesswork, we found her home and were able to have a lesson with her! She told us that after we had met, she could feel that we were praying for her because she felt a peace fill her even though she had so many struggles she was facing. We were able to testify of prayer to her and how it will help her, and now we will be teaching her at the church this week. We are so excited to see how the gospel helps her! :)

Life is good, God is good! :)

My invitation to y'all is to go brighten someone's day! Pray for a seek opportunities to share your light with others through service, a hug, a letter, a visit, or any other way. I testify that as you do so, you will feel the Savior's love for those you serve, and you will notice your own light grow too!

Keep smiling, and have a blessed week! :) Y'all are amazing!


Faerie tale place! :) We were knocking and found it. Isn't it gorgeous?




Exchanges! :) (More next week hopefully)







No comments:

Post a Comment