Sunday, January 8, 2017

Whaaaaat?!

Monday, 5 December 2016

Dear family and friends,

Nope. I don't want to believe it. ONE YEAR? Nah...

Sister Leyba and I hit our year mark this past week. It was really weird and didn't feel real. But now it does. And I just don't know what to think. It is definitely bittersweet. I think I want to cry. Nope. Not gonna cry. I'm going to smile because it happened! :)

It's been a long year. It's also been an absolutely incredible year that I would never trade for the universe! I've learned so much. I've grown to love my Savior more than I ever could before my mission. I am so thankful for this time I've had to serve the Lord! I know it'll continue to go by fast (which is crazy...) and I am thankful that I still have 6 months to serve! 

RAYS OF SUNSHINE:
-Learned how to change a flat tire! Yaaas! It was quite eventful! (It was at a sisters conference.)
-We went to visit Sister Coble, the sweetest and funniest woman in our ward! She is a widow and she's lived in Snellville her whole life. We felt prompted to go visit her and ended up cracking pecans with her as she told us about her life. It was the sweetest thing--when Sister Leyba shared the spiritual message about Christmas, Sister Coble smiled at us and said with glistening eyes, "You know, there are two people who have helped me to see God. Brother ____, and the missionaries." It was such a tender mercy. And that day happened to be "Jesus helped others to see and so can you" for the Christmas initiative (see next paragraph)! It was beautiful. :)

And what a joyous time of year this is! Christmas is amazing! What better way to celebrate our Savior than to go out and serve others? I'm sure that most of y'all know this, but the LDS church has come out with a 2-minute Christmas video and Christmas countdown! It is called #LightTheWorld, and it is all about sharing your light with other through service. Go to the website, mormon.org, and find out more! 

That's my invitation to y'all. :)

Keep smiling! Have a blessed and lovely week!

No comments:

Post a Comment