Friday, September 9, 2016

The Good Far Outweighs The Bad :)

Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Dear family and friends,

Another copy and paste... ;) (plus a little extra!)

This past week I had many discouragements. My studies began to fall apart, I wasn't focusing well, and I was getting more and more frustrated with myself. Finally, I turned to the Lord. I realized that if I wanted to change the way I was feeling, I needed to be more humble and patient. More faithful. So, instead of allowing myself to go into another downward spiral of disappointment, I turned to the Lord. I allowed Him to guide me. I asked Him, "What lack I yet?" and He guided me to the scriptures and words that I needed to read to know how I can improve and become a better, more dedicated servant of the Lord. 

I testify that we are on the Lord's errand. This is HIS work. We are on the right path. We are doing the right things. As we seek to humble ourselves before the Lord and submit ourselves to His will, we will be guided. We will be led to those who are searching for the truth. 

​MIRACLES/Memorable Moments!
-We were able to meet with the less-active who asked us to teach her, and she is FANTASTIC! She has an incredible story. She has had a really rough life and most of her life she's strayed off the path. But she told us that recently she realized that her whole life has been going into a downward spiral and she wanted to change that! So she decided to come back to church. And ever since then, she is one of the happiest people I've met! She is so amazing and on fire right now! :) We are excited to visit her again and begin teaching her the lessons.
-
​We recently taught someone for just a few short minutes about the Book of Mormon, and she immediately got excited about it and was thrilled when we gave her a copy! We are excited to follow up with her!
-​We were teaching the Plan of Salvation to one of our investigators, and just when we were finishing up... the Jehovah Witnesses knocked on her door! Haha, it was quite the experience, especially when she welcomed them in for a few minutes and they saw us! :D

Y'all, the Book of Mormon is AMAZING! I hope you understand that. It is a powerful witness of our Savior, Jesus Christ! I testify that as you take the time to study it with an open heart, you will feel the Spirit testify of its truth! 

My commitment to you this week is to read the Book of Mormon every day. Even if it's only one chapter--or even a few verses--a day. You will see a difference in your life! You will feel more joy, be more at peace, and you will be able to recognize the Lord's hand more in your life!

Keep smiling, and have a blessed week! I love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment