Friday, September 9, 2016

I'M BATMAN!

Monday, 29 August

Dear family and friends,

What a week! (I know, I probably say that like crazy--mission life is the best!)

We found out that both of us are staying here in Snellville! And we're still STLs! :D We are super excited for this coming transfer and the joy that it brings! So many miracles already!

Okay, I know you're probably wondering about the title of my email... :D
One of our biggest focuses lately has been on the members. Yesterday we were invited to a birthday party and dinner with two amazing (and hilarious) ward families! 
Two of their boys were having a birthday party, which happened to be BATMAN themed! Haha, it was definitely exciting!

Speaking of members, we have had some amazing experiences with members! While on exchanges, we ran into a less-active member who had recently moved to Georgia, whose records had been lost in the process. She is amazing! We were able to give her a copy of the Book of Mormon, and now she's excited to see us again! :)

Another member miracle! At church yesterday, we had two sisters from the ward approach us. One was someone we had never seen before. She said, "I've been inactive for a long time and I want to come back to church! Will you teach me?"
...We were shocked! And thrilled! This has never happened to either of us before. Normally, we have to look for the less-actives and work really hard to help them come back. But this time, she was looking for us!

I know that the Lord is preparing people for us to reach out to each day. He is putting people in our paths for us to help and strengthen. It is up to us to reach out to them and follow the Spirit's guidance in doing so!

My invitation to y'all this week is to read and study "The Fourth Missionary" by Lawrence E. Corbridge. It is powerful and applies to everyone! Not just missionaries! 
Then--seek to be the fourth missionary, so that you can find joy in the journey!

Y'all are amazing! I love you! Keep smiling and enjoy life to the fullest! ('Cause it's beautiful!)

No comments:

Post a Comment