Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Real Fast Update

Monday, 2 May 2016

Hello, all you amazing peoples!

I apologize for my procrastination of this email. Next time will be better!

Here's a copy and past of part of my letter to my mission president. I apologize that I am not sending you much else. It's been a crazy week!

This week has been a big challenge. It has also been a great blessing. I was really sad to see Sister Barry leave, but I was happy to welcome a new sister into my life and into Lost Mountain. I love training. Sister Archer is amazing and she is very in tune with the Spirit! 
​S​
he has already started to blossom more. I see it every day. She is slowly growing more confident, and more cheerful. I am so thankful for the experiences that I had in the past five months that have helped me to understand her better and know how to help her. The Spirit has also been a great Guide in my life as I've sought Father's guidance through Him.

One of the biggest highlights of the week for me was teaching Claudette. She is someone that we met in December and we've been teaching her for a while now. For the longest time I had felt like we needed to drop her, but I just couldn't move myself to do it. Finally, after a lot of pleading with Father to help, I decided to follow through with it. We needed to do the drop talk. So, with Sister Archer being in the area for only two days, we prayerfully planned out our lesson. It was hard to do it. I didn't want to drop her, because I loved her and I had caught a glimpse of Father's love for her. But we did it. We spoke boldly, with love, just like you've been encouraging us to do. And an incredible miracle came from it! Not only were we able to bring Claudette back (instead of dropping her), but we were able to help her have a desire to pray to know for herself the truth. It was a powerful experience, and I am so thankful for the amazing opportunity that we have to learn and grow and love Father's children!

​My invitation to you this week is to seek what's good. Change the music you listen to. Listen to things that are positive and uplifting. I promise it will bring greater spiritual strength to withstand temptation and it will help you to be more optimistic!

Life is beautiful. Remember to keep trying and keep smiling, no matter what.

I love y'all! Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment