Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Another real quick update

Monday, 16 May 2016

Dear family and friends,

Okay, I promise that I am not procrastinating this letter on purpose. ;)

This week was absolutely incredible!!! So much happened. I wish I had the time to tell y'all everything. But that would take hours because of how much happened and how many miracles we saw!

So here are a few quick highlights of the week:

1. Our amazing district leader, Elder Jenkins, called me to repentance. I've never been called to repentance before. It was weird. But amazing. I've seen so much joy since then because I committed to repent daily. And so many blessings have come from it! Now life is even more beautiful than before. :)

2. I got to see Chrissy Stewart, my mission trainer again! She came to visit GA for a family vacation. I saw her at church! It was so fantastic to see her again! :D I forgot how much I missed her. Missionary companions are amazing. I now have three new sisters to add to my family (Sister Stewart, Sister Barry, and Sister Archer)! :)

3. MAMA JONES CAME TO CHURCH! She is a less-active sister in our ward that hasn't been to church in years!! She was invited to church by some of our amazing ward members, and because they have been reaching out to her lately, she finally came! I am so proud of her! It was AMAZING!! :D You can ask Sister Archer, I was literally squealing and jumping up and down in excitement over it (ALL DAY!).

4. Nashville Tribute Band came to GA! We were blessed with an opportunity to attend their fireside/concert Sunday evening, and it was incredible! I felt the Spirit so strong as they testified to us through their powerful music. At one point, they invited all full-time missionaries up to the stage, and they sang a song about missionary work, and then at the end, we all received a standing ovation from the crowd. It was powerful and an incredible reminder of the joy of doing the Lord's work. The Spirit testified to me, reminding me of my worth and value in God's eyes. The whole fireside was incredible.

5. Well, if you can't tell by now, I'm on a "spiritual high" and life is beautiful! :D Also, those were not quick highlights. I apologize. I guess I got carried away, being a writer and all... ;)

My invitation to y'all is to look up Nashville Tribute Band and find their music. Especially Redeemer, their latest album. Then listen to it (if you can). It is powerful! Like I said recently, music is powerful! :) I can testify of that. Surround yourself with uplifting music. It will help!

I love y'all. Very much. Keep smiling and believe that miracles can happen! They really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment