Friday, May 13, 2016

YAY!

Dear family and friends,

Wow, does time fly! It seems like just yesterday, I was a little baby greenie missionary who was terrified of everything and everyone and didn't know what to do with my life. And now, I've been on a mission for almost six months, and I know who I represent. I will not look back, let up, slow down, or be still, because I know who I am! A representative of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Our purpose as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ. And we cannot fulfill it if we ourselves have not followed that invitation! All of us will face trials in this life. Life was never meant to be easy. God gives us mountains to climb so that we can learn to make it to the top and fight to the finish! 

He is waiting to bless us. His arms are open wide, waiting to pour out blessings upon us. We just need to ask. Turn to Him in sincere prayer. Give Him your all. I promise that He will listen. He will answer. And He WILL pour out His blessings upon you as you seek to do His will!

Memorable moments!

-President Foote: "I received a Dear John letter while I was on my mission..."
Sister Foote: "YAY!"

-While we were doing our companionship study on Saturday, we received a phone call. It was from a former investigator (someone that we had been teaching for a while but we lost contact with)! She asked us how we were doing, and then after that, she asked when we could stop by and share more of our message with her again! It was an exciting surprise!

My invitation to you this week is to go to someone's home and offer your service. Do it prayerfully and select someone you feel stands in need of it. Reach out to them in love. There are so many people that need to feel loved. I testify that as you reach out to them and offer your service, you will see miracles from it! Your life will be blessed, and your family will be blessed, and you will see the joy that comes from serving others!

I love y'all very much. Keep smiling and sharing your light with everyone around you! You are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment