Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Beauty of Music

7 March 2016

Dear family and friends,

I have developed a greater appreciation for music over the three short months that I've served. Sister Stewart (my companion) has an incredible voice and I have loved singing with her. We have had many opportunities to sing for others as service. It always brings in the Spirit immediately as we sing hymns. There is great power in music!

​We had an Easter Music Fireside this past Sunday at the church. It was amazing! ​
The fireside reminded me of the great power that music has. It brings so much peace and joy into my heart and the hearts of many others. One of our investigators, Claudette, attended the fireside, and she was touched by the music. She has always been hard to reach because she struggles to believe, but the music had a way of bringing the Spirit into her heart in a way that we could not through teaching her. It was a beautiful reminder that hymns are truly prayers to our Heavenly Father, and as we sing praises to Him, we invite the Spirit into our hearts.

We also had an opportunity to sing hymns at an assisted living home this week. They kept asking for more, because they loved and appreciated the music so much. When we were getting ready to leave, a woman came up to us and asked us to sing for her father, who was unable to leave his room to come and listen. So we went in and sang to him. The Spirit was so strong as we shared our testimonies of the Savior through hymns. Afterwards, we found out that both him and his son-in-law (who was there) were pastors. We had touched their hearts and helped them to feel the Spirit. It was an amazing reminder to me that we are all children of God, and that God loves us all, no matter how old we are, what religion we are, or who we are. 

There is great power in music. It is so touching. It fills the heart with joy and peace. It invites the Spirit. It is an amazing gift from our Heavenly Father, and I am so thankful for it!

​A big change is happening soon. Sister Stewart is going home. Her mission has come to an end. :( She has served faithfully and valiantly for 18 months. She is so amazing and I will miss her very much. I am so thankful for her example for me and all that she has done to help me grow and become a more successful missionary. I love her!
Transfers are this Wednesday, and I am staying in the Lost Mountain area. I will meet my new companion soon. I know that everything will work out for the good. God has a great plan for all of us and He will help things to work out! 

​RAY OF SUNSHINE!
-W​e had two investigators at Church! One was entirely unexpected! It was a tender mercy!

My invitation to you this week is to read one verse (or more if desired) in the Book of Mormon each day. I testify that you will receive guidance and direction in your life. You will be filled with peace as you do so. The Book of Mormon has blessed my life, and I know that it will bless yours!

You are all so amazing. Keep smiling!
Have a blessed day,​

No comments:

Post a Comment