Monday, February 29, 2016

The Beauty of Prayer

Dear family and friends,

I realized that most missionaries just talk about the good things that happen on missions. I wanted to let you know that mission life is not easy. It is a challenge. A BIG challenge. But it is also an incredible blessing! 

This past week was fantastic! We saw so many blessings from reaching out in love to all those we came in contact with. This weekend I worked on talking with everyone. On exchanges/splits, I was with Sister Barron and she taught me the great importance of being bold. Sister Barron is amazing! She helped me to stretch more and step outside of my comfort zone. 

Here's a (very) little taste of real mission life, that I wrote to my mission president.

"Yesterday evening, I was suddenly filled with sadness and frustration. I didn't understand why. I just broke down. As I did so, I said a prayer in my heart, reaching out to my Father and asking Him why I was feeling this way. I talked to Him like I would to my parents. I told Him that I was so thankful for how amazing the past week had been. I poured out my heart to Him. And in return, He answered. He helped me to understand why I was feeling so sad. He helped me to recognize what I needed to do to improve. He also helped me to feel of His love for me."

I testify that God does listen to prayers. He hears and answers according to His will. He knows what we are going through and He will help us through it. He is ever-reaching out to us, reminding us of His love for us. We are truly beloved children of our Father!
​​
​ 

And now, here's my ray of sunshine from this week!
We had THREE investigators at church this Sunday!! We were so thrilled! Miss B, Christian, and Peggy all came to church. They all loved it and they want to come again. I loved seeing their eyes light up as they listened. I could tell that they felt the Spirit.

​My invitation to you this week is to study the 5 Preach My Gospel lessons as a family. They are found in Preach My Gospel, chapter 3. I testify that as you do so, your testimonies will be renewed, your families will be strengthened, and you will feel God's love for you. ​ 

I love you all. 
Keep smiling, and have a blessed day,

No comments:

Post a Comment