Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Excitement And Miracles And Awesomeness And...

2 August 2016

Dear family and friends,

I just love being a missionary! I seriously do. What an incredible time this is to serve the Lord! <3

I failed to mention last week some important details! The area I am serving now is Snellville, GA, and I LOVE it here! The ward is fantastic (but very tiny--they don't even fill up the whole chapel), and the people we are working with are amazing! I really appreciate the new Bishop and his family, the Cahills. They have a special spirit in their home and I love being around them. :)

Here is my new snail mail address. :)

{Not sure if it's OK to post publicly, so if you want this, contact Mom directly.}

Also, GUESS WHAT?? I also failed to mention that I leave the mission every single day now... Our apartment is located just barely outside the mission boundaries, so we leave the Georgia Atlanta mission every day... o.o 
It's crazy when we get lost and accidentally drive outside the boundaries... But don't worry. All is well! :D

MIRACLES!
​-​
On Tuesday, we went on our first exchange​ (splits)​ with the Centerville sisters. It was so fantastic getting to know them better, and seeing their strengths and weaknesses, and how we could help them. I love spending time with other sisters, helping and strengthening them. They are amazing and I love seeing their growth! :) We saw a lot of miracles from exchanges, too! Sister Hansen and I reached out to a woman in our ward who has been preparing to go to the temple for the first time, and she has been really struggling lately. We felt like we should sing hymns to her, so we did. And we could feel the Spirit testify as we sang them. It was amazing! And it lifted her spirits and she said that we made her day! In her words, "You just made an old woman very happy." :)
​-​
Another miracle we saw during exchanges! We went to visit a less-active sister who is normally really shy and quiet. This time she opened up to us! Sister Hansen felt inspired to ask her "Who do you know that needs a prayer right now?" and immediately, she lit up and said that she has been trying to reach out to her sister for a while now! She gave us her contact information and asked us to visit her! 
When we stopped by to see her, she wasn't home, but we were able to talk to her neighbor who was outside. He was really great, too! After saying a prayer with him, we saw him open up and he said that we could come back to share more with him! 

I really love exchanges. I love being a Sister Training Leader. And I especially love serving the Lord as a full-time missionary! This is the true church, and now is the time to share the restored gospel to everyone!

On Sunday, the main subject was temples. So my invitation to you this week is to get a picture of the temple and put it in a main part of your home, where it can be seen frequently. To my siblings, and to those who would like to participate, get a picture of your favorite temple and hang it in your room! :)
Also, next time to you plan to attend the temple (which is hopefully soon because it's amazing! :)), prayerfully consider someone who you could invite to attend with you. That is one way that you can reach out to others and be a missionary, in a way! :)
I know that as you do these things, you will be able to see bounteous blessings. Your family will become more unified, you will feel more peace, and the Spirit will dwell in your home. 

Y'all are incredible. I love y'all very much and I know that this gospel is true! Keep smiling and remember Whose child you are! :)​

  --
Sister Eggett :)

"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don’t get discouraged. Things will work out." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Yes, when my hubby and I were dating, and I was a single Mommy, I had a picture of the Temple in each room, to remind me where we always wanted to be worthy to enter!
    The Johnsons

    ReplyDelete