Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Well... Another copy and paste. Yep.

Monday, 13 June 2016

Dear family and friends,

As y'all probably know by now... missionary life is crazy busy. :D But it's amazing and I love it!! :D

Here's another lovely copy and paste for y'all of some things that happened this week. :)

This weekend was especially successful as we tried our best to contact more people throughout the day. Earlier in the week, I hadn't been as dedicated to the work. My thoughts were straying to other things and I felt myself becoming homesick a little. Then, as I was praying about it and how I could improve, I had the impression that I needed to humble myself and reach out in service to others. I was reminded of some great advice that my grandma told me before I left, that whenever I am feeling homesick, I need to reach out and serve others. Service really does lift spirits and brighten gloomy days.

So, following Father's guidance, I rededicated my time and efforts to serving the Lord. And blessings came from it! In our daily planning, we tried our best to plan times to reach out to as many people as we could, instead of filling small gaps of time with just phone calls (though it can be effective at times). Talking with everyone helped a lot, too! Reaching out to God's children to the best of my abilities has helped me to feel the joy that comes from serving the Lord. Yesterday we were able to contact six new people, and on top of it, we were able to get in contact with someone we hadn't been able to for a long time. Though most of the new people we talked to weren't interested, I know that we were planting seeds. And someday, those seeds may begin to bloom. :)

​My invitation to you is to walk tall this week. ​
Walk tall and remember that life is a beautiful gift from Heavenly Father!​
​ Share your light, and I promise that others will see it! You may not know it now, but you have a phenomenal influence on others. Shine your light, and they will see. But they will also follow. :)

​Y'all are amazing. Keep smiling and remember who you are! You are beloved children of Heavenly Father!  I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment