Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Heaven Is Cheering You On!

Monday, 18 April 2016

Dear family and friends,

Y'all are amazing! I just wanted to remind you of that again. :)

Here's an update that I gave my mission president, President Foote.

​"​
I have been really thankful for General Conference talks lately. Elder Holland's talk really hit me and answered a lot of my prayers. As I've pondered on his words, I have been blessed with more confidence and peace. Sometimes I struggle with the adversary making me feel worthless and have a lack of confidence in myself. I feel a lack of motivation to get up and do the work that I have been called to do. All the amazing conferences happening have helped me to build up my faith and testimony of the joys of serving, and they have given me the desire to get up and go to work. 

Something that I've been pondering on a lot is the importance of love. Sister Foote reminded me of the sacrifice that less-active members or investigators make to attend church. It is a big step to take. It can be life-changing. To help them make this step, we must reach out in love. Love them for who they are. Look at them through God's eyes. Like you said in your letter, Elder Holland said that "heaven is cheering us on". As we seek to love all those that we serve, they will be more willing to take those steps towards eternal life. Our loving Father is there for us every step of the way. He will guide us and help us to become who He wants us to become. He will guide us to those who are seeking for the truth if we are humble and willing to reach out in love and service.

I know that we can love. We can see others through our Father's eyes. I testify that God truly is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that missionary life is not easy, but I also know that with our Father's help and strength, and alongside our Savior, we can bring others to Christ. We can be who our Father wants us to be!​"

My invitation to you this week is to read your favorite conference talk. Ponderize it! Take the time to think about what you learned from it and apply it to your life. I testify that you will see miracles from it. You will be filled with peace and the strength to endure to the end!

Keep smiling and have a blessed day.​ I love y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment