Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Last Day at the MTC!!!

16 December 2015

Hi family and friends!

What a joyous season this is! :)

Today, it snowed here at the Provo MTC! What a beautiful blessing it was to wake up to. It was a wonderful greeting and reminder of God's love for us, especially since it doesn't snow much in Georgia. The Lord's tender mercies are upon those who seek Him!

Tomorrow I leave for Georgia early in the morning. I have loved the time I have had to get to know the people at the MTC, and I have appreciated all the great blessings that have come from learning more about Christ.

Devotionals at the MTC are so amazing. Yesterday (Sunday) the BYU men's chorus came and performed for us. Their songs were touching as they shared the spirit of Christmas with us through music.

My love for music has grown since I've been at the MTC. Each day, we sing at least two hymns. We sing them before class starts, at Church, to begin devotionals, and at many other times throughout the week. Before Sunday devotionals begin, we sing Christmas hymns until it's time to start. It is such an incredible way to bring in the Spirit!

The (temporary) calling I received for church was music coordinator, so I was blessed with the opportunity to put together music selections for Sacrament Meeting. The departing districts sang the EFY medley, "As Sisters In Zion/We'll Bring the World His Truth". It was so beautiful! I love music.

For class instruction, we have the opportunity to teach "investigators" (normally they are teachers acting as investigators). Brother Kreider, one of my fantastic, enthusiastic teachers, acts as "Kevin", one of our investigators. I have learned so much from him.
Our second to last meeting with Kevin was touching. Before we went in to teach him, we said a prayer as companions, asking Father for His spirit, and His love. As we prayed, the Spirit filled us. And when we spoke with Kevin, I was filled with a feeling of God's love for Kevin. It touched me to feel how much Father loves His children. I know that He really does love each of us individually. He is there for us always, and He cares for us. 

You are all so amazing. Keep smiling. I know that God lives, and that He loves us and wants what is best for us. I know that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. He died so that we might live. He loves us!

May the Lord bless you as you seek Him. I challenge all of you to reach out to others this month, as a Christmas present to the Lord. Serve others, strive to be Christlike in all your doings, and be amazing. You may not wear Christ's name on a tag everyday, but all of you wear Christ's name in your hearts. His light is within all of you. It is waiting to shine. Let it shine. Be an example of the believers, and radiate that light!

Merry Christmas. :)
Your sister in Christ,


The awesomeness of my zone!! Plus maybe a few photobombers... ;)

The sisters to my left (your right) in the picture are my companions. Sister Leyba is the one hunched over with the curly blond hair. Sister Foster is right next to her.
Displaying SAM_9959.JPG
Displaying SAM_9959.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment