Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hastening and Bruised Knees

Monday, 30 January 2017

Dear family and friends,

This past week was so long I can barely even remember what happened. We had so much to do. Our days were all booked with different appointments and meetings. It was definitely a good week, ​and I've kept my knees bruised from it​!
​ (Prayer works, y'all!)​


I've seen a difference from when I am dedicated to the Lord versus when I am being more casual about my calling. Last week we were so busy with teaching appointments and situations that the Lord placed us in because we were dedicated to His work. I firmly believe that had we not recommitted ourselves to His work and doing His will, we would not have had nearly as much success. We have to show the Lord that we can be trusted. And as we do that, He will lead us to those whom He has prepared.

Something I've been focusing on lately is trusting in the Spirit. The Spirit is the one who will do the work. He is the one who will carry our words to the hearts of those we teach. The more I put my trust in the Spirit, the more I found that my words flowed naturally and I didn't have to worry about what to say next. It really is true that whatever we can't do, the Spirit will make up the difference. :)

​Well, y'all have probably heard by now, but​ the missionary daily schedule changed! And so did our key indicators (the goals we set each week)!  It was announced in a worldwide missionary broadcast that they were changing them. And wow, it is so much better! It's helped me to feel more confident in my work. I don't feel as stressed, because the schedule is more flexible and I don't have to worry nearly as much about being "exactly obedient" because it's easier to be obedient! :)
And I have always struggled with numbers my whole mission. Numbers just don't motivate me. It lifted a heavy burden off of my shoulders. Now I don't have to worry about getting so many Book of Mormons, so many Other Lessons, or so many whatevers. It is easier for me to just focus on the Spirit and letting God take the lead!

It's been a good week full of miracles. I'm excited to see where God takes us this week! :)

​My invitation to y'all is to make your prayers more meaningful. Talk to God. Tell Him everything. Keep a constant prayer in your heart. Thank Him for the little things. Take the time to listen to Him. He will answer. I know that to be true, for He is a loving God and I have experienced it for myself!​

​Y'all, God is good. Life is beautiful. Keep moving forward, keep your knees bruised, and keep on keepin' on! I love y'all!

Keep smiling,​

RAYS OF SUNSHINE (since so much has happened this week, haha)

-Two less actives came to church that normally don't! :)

-We are teaching an amazing family! And they're coming to Bible Study this week or next! And they had a friend with them for our last lesson so we're teaching her now and they're all on board! :D #Tendermercies

-WE ATE RUSSIAN FOOD! ...I don't think I like it... But it was still a cool experience! We are teaching another amazing family who is Russian and they invited us over for what we thought was a lesson and it turned into a whole meal with them! :) I love them, they are so sweet!

-We went to see a part-member family and ended up being an answer to their daughter's prayer (she's not a member)! She had been going through a really hard time with school and her friends. She opened up to us and told us that she had been talking to God lately instead of just reciting the Lord's Prayer, and she's been waiting for an answer. Her mom (non member) told her while we were there, "They could be your answer". It was so amazing! And now she wants to come to Bible Study, and they're warming up to us! :) God is so good!

PS Attached are pictures of the Russian dinner (And Abraham doing an accidental photo bomb) :)



Now this is what I call a "taste" of the South! :D



Zone Training--Wear Purple Day!

(The zone leaders texted us early that morning to wear purple, but I was already dressed and didn't care to change out of my comfy green shirt, haha. #ImmaRebel)


No comments:

Post a Comment