Wednesday, March 29, 2017

...

Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Dear family and friends,

Well, I didn't really know what to title my email this time. My brain has basically exploded with new information to remember and new people to talk to and two different areas and a new companion and and and... Well, the list could go on haha. So my brain isn't working well enough to be creative right now...

Transfers came and went really quickly. I am now serving in TWO areas! Newnan and Summer Grove (we call it "double-covering" when we are over two areas). My new companion is Sister Dean. She's a twin, has red hair, and is really sweet! I am excited to serve here with her!

Guess what? MIRACLE! Sister Dean and I were talking about how we've seen a lot of tender mercies lately on our missions, but no miracles for a while. But then, Friday came along and the Lord decided to send us a MIRACLE! :)

​To explain, we ​
went to visit a referral which didn't end up working out. We were about to leave the apartment complex to try somewhere else, when we felt like we should stay. I kept denying the prompting (ugh the natural man in me really frustrates me sometimes...), but finally decided to say something. So we went knocking! :)After a few attempts, it was starting to get dark and we were again about to head back. But the Spirit told us to keep going. So this time we obeyed immediately. And within a few moments we met the most amazing family!!

A and L had both had an extremely hard day when we showed up. L had just been diagnosed with a seizure disorder that very morning, and her dad had been battling stage four cancer. They were both really stressed and needed the prayer. They welcomed us in and as we started talking, and shared Alma 7:11-12 with them. As we talked about the Book of Mormon, L commented that she had a copy of the Book of Mormon and that she had been meeting with missionaries in the past! The more we talked with them, the more excited they became and I could feel the Spirit leading the lesson. It was a powerful lesson and we are so excited to meet with them again! They are so golde​n​! A and L needed us at that very moment. And because we followed the Spirit's prompting, we were lead to them. I know that the Lord leads us to those who stand in need of it, and who are ready to receive the truth. :)

​Y'all, life is beautiful. God is good. ​:)

My invitation to y'all is to find joy in the journey. Start embracing life to the fullest and give God all you've got! I promise that as you do so, you will see life from a happier perspective. And most importantly, remember that "the greater our sorrow, the greater our capacity to feel joy" (Mormon Message, "The Refiner's Fire").

Keep smiling and have a blessed week!


No comments:

Post a Comment